Kevin Zegers Joins Fantasy Epic 'The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones'
The "Transamerica" actor will play Alec Lightwood in the film based on Cassandra Clare’s mega-bestseller.
Kevin Zegers has signed on to join the fantasy epic The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones for Constantin Film and Screen Gems.
Zegers (Transamerica) will play Alec Lightwood, a reluctant Shadowhunter who would rather read about demons than fight them. Lily Collins stars in the film, based on Cassandra Clare’s mega-bestseller. Zegers joins a cast that also includes Jamie Campbell Bower, Lena Headey and Jared Harris.
Set in modern-day New York, the plot centers on Clary Fray (Collins), who discovers she is the descendant of a line of Shadowhunters, a secret tribe of young half-angel warriors locked in an ancient battle to protect the world from demons.Constantin had been in talks with Ed Westwick for the role, but those discussions broke down over a scheduling conflict due to Westwick's Gossip Girl commitments. Mortal Instruments is scheduled to begin shooting this month in Toronto. Harald Zwart is directing Mortal Instruments from a screenplay written by Jessica Postigo (the upcoming Tarzan film) and Pretty Little Liars showrunner Marlene King. Zegers is repped by ICM.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera