'Kick-Ass' creator Mark Millar's 'Jupiter's Legacy' Teaser (Exclusive)
3:27 PM PST 1/28/2013 by Borys Kit
An exclusive first look at the sweeping, epic new superhero series from the prolific comic book writer and award-winning artist Frank Quitely.
April can’t arrive fast enough to those who are eagerly awaiting Jupiter’s Legacy, the super-hero magnum opus from Mark Millar and Frank Quitely.
And this opus promises to be quite magnum, indeed.
Millar, the popular creator behind Kick-Ass and various Marvel comics, and Quitely, the acclaimed artist of All-Star Superman, are promising an original comic book epic in the vein of Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, a vast story involving a cast of hundreds that spans generations.
(Millar has already said that, in bucking the usual habit of "sell first, publish later," he will finish the first of the three planned mini-series before he lets his reps shop the screen rights.)
Other than a few unlettered black and white pages and some character designs, not much has been shown from Legacy — which was previously called Jupiter's Children.
So consider these panels a teaser trailer of sorts for the series, to give you a hint at what is coming...
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'