'Kick-Ass' creator Mark Millar's 'Jupiter's Legacy' Teaser (Exclusive)
3:27 PM PST 1/28/2013 by Borys Kit
An exclusive first look at the sweeping, epic new superhero series from the prolific comic book writer and award-winning artist Frank Quitely.
April can’t arrive fast enough to those who are eagerly awaiting Jupiter’s Legacy, the super-hero magnum opus from Mark Millar and Frank Quitely.
And this opus promises to be quite magnum, indeed.
Millar, the popular creator behind Kick-Ass and various Marvel comics, and Quitely, the acclaimed artist of All-Star Superman, are promising an original comic book epic in the vein of Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, a vast story involving a cast of hundreds that spans generations.
(Millar has already said that, in bucking the usual habit of "sell first, publish later," he will finish the first of the three planned mini-series before he lets his reps shop the screen rights.)
Other than a few unlettered black and white pages and some character designs, not much has been shown from Legacy — which was previously called Jupiter's Children.
So consider these panels a teaser trailer of sorts for the series, to give you a hint at what is coming...
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack