Kid Cudi Joining Aaron Paul in 'Need for Speed'
Imogen Poots and Dominic Cooper are already cast in DreamWorks' adaptation of the Electronic Arts racing game.
Hip-hop artist Scott "Kid Cudi" Mescudi has joined Aaron Paul in DreamWorks’ racing action pic Need for Speed.
Also joining the adaptation of the Electronic Arts video game are Ramon Rodriguez, Rami Malek and Harrison Gilbertson.
Dominic Cooper and Imogen Poots are already on board the production, which has been dated for release Feb. 7, 2014. Scott Waugh, one half of the Act of Valor helming team, is directing.
The company has said it’s aiming for the tone of the car-culture films of the 1970s. The story sees Paul play a local street racer who, after being framed for the death of a friend, joins a New York-to-Los Angeles race to get revenge.
Cudi will play a member of the racer’s crew.
Mescudi, a record producer and singer-songwriter who has worked with Kanye West and David Guetta, made his acting debut on HBO’s How to Make It in America and recently wrapped Two Night Stand, an indie romantic comedy produced by Beau Flynn and Ruben Fleischer.
The multihypenate, repped by WME and Leverage Management, also has contributed to soundtracks for Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games and DreamWorks’ Fright Night.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet