Kid Cudi Joining Aaron Paul in 'Need for Speed'
Imogen Poots and Dominic Cooper are already cast in DreamWorks' adaptation of the Electronic Arts racing game.
Hip-hop artist Scott "Kid Cudi" Mescudi has joined Aaron Paul in DreamWorks’ racing action pic Need for Speed.
Also joining the adaptation of the Electronic Arts video game are Ramon Rodriguez, Rami Malek and Harrison Gilbertson.
Dominic Cooper and Imogen Poots are already on board the production, which has been dated for release Feb. 7, 2014. Scott Waugh, one half of the Act of Valor helming team, is directing.
The company has said it’s aiming for the tone of the car-culture films of the 1970s. The story sees Paul play a local street racer who, after being framed for the death of a friend, joins a New York-to-Los Angeles race to get revenge.
Cudi will play a member of the racer’s crew.
Mescudi, a record producer and singer-songwriter who has worked with Kanye West and David Guetta, made his acting debut on HBO’s How to Make It in America and recently wrapped Two Night Stand, an indie romantic comedy produced by Beau Flynn and Ruben Fleischer.
The multihypenate, repped by WME and Leverage Management, also has contributed to soundtracks for Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games and DreamWorks’ Fright Night.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- Jack Falahee on How to Get Away With Murder, Viola Davis, and His Cast BFFs
- Which Braverman Made Us Cry the Most on Parenthood? A Very Scientific Ranking
- Why Are There So Many Arnolds in This Terminator: Genisys Trailer?
- This Trailer for the New Divergent Movie Is Actually Trying to Get Us to Call It The Divergent Series: Insurgent
- Pregnant Isla Fisher Works on Her Fitness Before Giving Birth
- Seattle Seahawks Cornerback Richard Sherman's Son Could Be Born on Super Bowl Sunday 2015!
- Adrian Grenier Pitches New Movie About a Whale at Sundance
- Amy Schumer Freaks Out Anna Kendrick in First Promo for MTV Movie Awards 2015 - Watch Now!