Kiefer Sutherland to Play Villain in Disaster Movie 'Pompeii' (Exclusive)
Paul W.S. Anderson is directing the film, which stars "Game of Thrones" actor Kit Harington.
Kiefer Sutherland is in final negotiations to star as the villain in Pompeii, the 3D Roman disaster movie being directed by Resident Evil maestro Paul W.S. Anderson.
Game of Thrones actor Kit Harington is starring in the movie, which began shooting in Toronto last week. Constantin Film is financing and producing the big-budget title.
The movie is set in 79 A.D. in the days before the eruption of Mount Vesuvius, one of history’s great disasters.
Harington is playing a slave stuck on a ship who must race against time to save his true love, his master’s daughter, as well as his best friend, a gladiator trapped in the coliseum when the destruction begins.
Jared Harris is playing Harington’s master, a wealthy merchant, while Emily Browning is his daughter.
Sutherland will play a Roman senator who enslaved Harington’s village. The scheming senator forces the merchant to give his daughter’s hand in marriage to him.
Sutherland, the star of 24 and now of Fox’s Touch, appeared in Lars von Trier’s Melancholia and recently starred in indie thriller The Reluctant Fundamentalist.
He is repped by CAA, Management 360, and Lichter Grossman.
- NFL Now Demands $16.6 Million Over M.I.A.'s Super Bowl Middle Finger (Exclusive)
- 'Lost' Showrunners on Killing Off Characters, the Polarizing Finale and More Unanswered Questions
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR