'The Killing' Star Wins Lancelot Role in Warner Bros.' 'Arthur & Lancelot' (Exclusive)
Joel Kinnaman will star for "Wedding Crashers" director David Dobkin, who is writing and directing the Arthurian tale.
Warner Bros. has found its Lancelot for the planned King Arthur movie Arthur & Lancelot. The Killing star Joel Kinnaman has won the role and is in negotiations to star for director David Dobkin, who also wrote the script.
The role of Arthur has yet to be cast, and sources say Kinnaman will now do chemistry reads with several of Hollywood's up-and-coming leading men. As THR first revealed, the casting process for the two leads has included such hot actors as Kit Harrington (HBO's Game of Thrones), Sam Claflin (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides), Dominic Cooper (The Devil's Double), Hans Matheson (Sherlock Holmes), and Jim Sturgess (Across the Universe) in the UK and Ben Walker and Liam Hemsworth in the U.S.
Kinnaman came to Hollywood's attention in the Swedish film Snabba Cash (Easy Money), then booked a lead male role in AMC's acclaimed crime series The Killing. He also will appear in his Snabba Cash director Daniel Espinosa's upcoming Ryan Reynolds-Denzel Washington thriller Safe House and he has shot Snabba Cash 2 in Sweden.
Kinnaman is repped by UTA and Magnolia Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR