Kristen Schaal Joins Voice Cast of 'Cloudy 2' (Exclusive)
Anna Faris, Bill Hader and Andy Samberg are expected to reprise their characters from the 2009 animated hit.
Kristen Schaal, a correspondent on The Daily Show who recently did an arc on 30 Rock, is set to voice a character in Sony Pictures Animation’s Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers.
Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn are directing the movie, a sequel to 2009’s Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs that was based on the classic children's book. Leftovers also will be set in the town where precipitation comes in the form of food.
Anna Faris, Bill Hader and Andy Samberg are expected to return to reprise their characters from the first film.
According to the studio, the story takes place after the events of the first movie, with the characters of Flint Lockwood and his friends forced to leave their town of Swallow Falls. When it is discovered that sentient food beasts have overrun the island, they are asked to return to save the world again.
While details remain locked in the fridge, Schaal’s character is described as an orangutan.
Kirk Bodyfelt (Open Season 2 & 3) is producing.
The movie is targeting a Feb. 7, 2014, release date.
Schaal, repped by UTA, Avalon Management Group and Morris Yorn, is one of the star voices in Fox’s Bob’s Burgers and did voice work in Toy Story 3.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR