Bryan Cranston, Mads Mikkelsen and Rebel Wilson Join Voice Cast of 'Kung Fu Panda 3'
The trio joins original castmembers Jack Black, Angelina Jolie and Seth Rogen, who are reprising their characters.
Bryan Cranston, Mads Mikkelsen and Rebel Wilson are joining Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Seth Rogen and other original voice stars in DreamWorks Animation’s Kung Fu Panda 3.
Jennifer Yuh Nelson , who directed Kung Fu Panda 2, is back as helmer. Also returning are producer Melissa Cobb, executive producer Guillermo del Toro, co-producer Jeffrey Hermann and writers/co-producers Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger.
Plot details or character details were not revealed other than DWA saying it “follows Po, the chosen one, as he continues on his journey mastering the art of Kung Fu ... and noodle slurping.”
The movie is set for a Dec. 23, 2015, release and will be the first co-production with China-based Oriental DreamWorks. 20th Century Fox will distribute.
The first two Panda movies garnered animation Oscar nominations and grossed $1.3 billion at the global box office.
Cranston previously voiced a character in DWA’s Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, while Wilson lent her voice to Ice Age: Continental Drift. Panda 3 will be Mikkelsen’s first stab at voicing a major animated film.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR