Bryan Cranston, Mads Mikkelsen and Rebel Wilson Join Voice Cast of 'Kung Fu Panda 3'
The trio joins original castmembers Jack Black, Angelina Jolie and Seth Rogen, who are reprising their characters.
Bryan Cranston, Mads Mikkelsen and Rebel Wilson are joining Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Seth Rogen and other original voice stars in DreamWorks Animation’s Kung Fu Panda 3.
Jennifer Yuh Nelson , who directed Kung Fu Panda 2, is back as helmer. Also returning are producer Melissa Cobb, executive producer Guillermo del Toro, co-producer Jeffrey Hermann and writers/co-producers Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger.
Plot details or character details were not revealed other than DWA saying it “follows Po, the chosen one, as he continues on his journey mastering the art of Kung Fu ... and noodle slurping.”
The movie is set for a Dec. 23, 2015, release and will be the first co-production with China-based Oriental DreamWorks. 20th Century Fox will distribute.
The first two Panda movies garnered animation Oscar nominations and grossed $1.3 billion at the global box office.
Cranston previously voiced a character in DWA’s Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, while Wilson lent her voice to Ice Age: Continental Drift. Panda 3 will be Mikkelsen’s first stab at voicing a major animated film.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Old Dogs & New Tricks: The Oral History of a 'Gay' Web Series (Part 2)
- Steven Tyler Wails 'Dream On' In Maui Like It's 1973
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Looks Back At This Season's Earliest TV Cancellations
- Remembering Mike Nichols, His Insight and His Introduction to Jacqueline Kennedy at El Morocco
- Beyonce Shows Off Her Booty in Hilarious Made-at-Home Music Video for '7/11'
- Nina Dobrev Celebrates RH Atlanta's Gallery Opening
- Colin Farrell on Set of 'True Detective' Will Get You Pumped Up for the Second Season
- How To Get Away With Murder's Karla Souza & Katie Findlay Celebrate The Golden Globes