Kurt Russell to Replace Kevin Costner in Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained'
The actor is in talks to join Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx and Samuel L. Jackson in the film.
Kurt Russell is reuniting with Quentin Tarantino for Django Unchained.
Russell is in talks to join the all-star movie, which includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Samuel L. Jackson and Christoph Waltz. He would replace Kevin Costner, who bowed out last week.
The movie is set in the American South of the 1800¹s and follows a freed slave (Foxx) who partners with a German bounty hunter (Waltz) in order to find his wife.
The bad guy list they encounter is impressive: DiCaprio as a Francophile plantation owner who forces slaves to compete in death matches and Jackson as a vile head slave who works for DiCaprio.
Coming on to the list of antagonists will be Russell, playing a character called Ace, a man who oversees the plantation in a ruthless manner and who relishes punishing slaves.
The Weinstein Co. will distribute the movie domestically while Sony Pictures handles the rest of the world. The movie is due to go into production in November.
Russell starred as a serial killing stuntman in Tarantino's Death Proof, which acted as the second half of the 2007 B-movie combo Grindhouse. The CAA-repped actor hasn't appeared on the big-screen since but has an indie football drama titled Touchback in the can.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR