'Lego Batman 3' Takes the Dark Knight Into Space (Video)
Batman uses Green Lantern's rings to battle a Superman villain in the third installment of the video game series, appropriately subtitled "Beyond Gotham."
When it comes to Warner Bros. Interactive’s LEGO Batman series, it appears that space really is the final frontier, with the announcement trailer for the series’ third installment showing the Dark Knight trying to gaze into the infinite abyss of the cosmos — with a particular emphasis on trying.
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham promises to live up to its title by taking the hero not only out of his home city, but also deep into the mythology of other DC Universe characters, not only taking on Superman villain Brainiac, but using Green Lantern rings to help him do so.
The trailer hints at this expanded universe, with appearances from the Justice League (with both Wonder Woman and Superman in outfits that resemble their current “New 52” designs instead of their more traditional costumes from the previous LEGO Batman game) as they compliment Batman on his new costume. Well, aside from Wonder Woman, who’d rather make snarky comments about his traditionally limited wardrobe.
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham will be released on multiple platforms this fall. Watch the trailer below.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- See the Beautiful Book Jacket for Jami Attenberg’s Saint Mazie
- Do I Have Enough Time to Catch Up on Scandal? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Sarah Jessica Parker & Kate Hudson Are Fashion Muses for THR's Top Designers
- Matt Bomer's Robot Hand Won't Let Go of Liv Tyler's Breast in 'Space Station 76' Clip (Exclusive)
- Chloe Moretz: Denzel Washington is a 'Master Class in Acting'
- Jamie Foxx Releases 'Party Ain't a Party,' First New Song Since 2010