'LEGO Batman' Movie Trailer Hits Online (Video)
The video game adaptation features iconic DC superheroes, including Superman and Wonder Woman.
Lex Luthor and the Joker are teaming up to take Gotham City apart, one brick at a time.
The trailer for LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite has hit online and shows the caped crusader leading a team of Lego Justice League heroes against DC's worst criminals
The Warner Bros./DC Universe animated adaptation of the video game series will include comic book mainstays such as Superman, the Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Riddler and Two-Face. It appears that true to the games, the film will be heavy on the comedy. (Look for a dour Batman being annoyed with a cheerful Superman throughout.)
LEGO Batman: The Movie is slated for release on Blu-ray, DVD and digital download in early 2013.
It’s a good time for Lego fans, as a separate movie based on the toy line is in the works, with Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) cast in the lead role as an “everyman” Lego character. Will Arnett is voicing Batman and 21 Jump Street and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs co-directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller are helming. That film is also said to include iconic characters such as Superman, Yoda and Indiana Jones.
Watch the video below.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive