The LEGO Battle of Helm's Deep Is Appropriately Epic
Two fans of "Lord of the Rings" chose LEGO as the medium to demonstrate their devotion to Tolkein's classic fantasy, and the results are very impressive.
Question: What do you get if you mix 150,000 LEGO bricks, 2,000 LEGO minifigures, six months of effort and a couple of Lord of the Rings fans? Answer: The LEGO Battle of Helm's Deep. Prepare to be amazed -- and just a little bit jealous that you don't have one, too.
There's already an official version of the famous battle from Lord of the Rings, but this custom creation by a couple of fans is more than 100 times the scale, weighing about 400 pounds and the result of 18 months' worth of preparation before building even started.
The result is intricate, surprisingly beautiful, and a testament to the power of fandom, if not outright obsession. Hopefully, someone at LEGO has seen this and decided to offer the fans some kind of reward -- even if it's only some free LEGO bricks for their next creation.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack