LEGO Confirms 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Sets Due Later This Year
LEGO hopes to build on the success of Marvel's space opera summer movie with "Guardians"-themed releases in late summer.
The partnership between Marvel Entertainment and LEGO has so far produced an animated series, a video game and a range of LEGO sets based on The Amazing Spider-Man, The Avengers and Iron Man 3. Next stop? Outer space, of course.
Announced during a closed-door meeting at the London Toy Fair, and later confirmed by LEGO, the brick-loving toy company will release sets based on this summer's Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
This won't be the first LEGO appearance for the characters -- various Guardians made appearances in last year's LEGO Marvel Super Heroes video game, both in the game's post-credit sequence but also as unlockable, playable characters (For the curious, yes, all of the characters have the traditional LEGO blockheads, rounded-claw hands, etc., in their game guise, with the exception of Rocket Raccoon -- he appropriately sports a particularly raccoon-esque head).
The LEGO Guardians sets won't be released until August, with more details to be announced in June. If that leaves a Marvel movie-shaped hole in your LEGO-loving heart, don't worry; the company also plans releases around Captain America: The Winter Soldier and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 earlier in the year.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- See the Visually Striking Trailer for Young Ones, With Michael Shannon and Elle Fanning
- The Feminist Horror Author You Need to Read Immediately
- ‘Age Has No Expiration Date’ Is the New ‘Blurred Lines,’ Says Pharrell in New Music Video
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Hit the Big Apple After Italian Getaway
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic Scores First Number 1 Album in 30 Year Career, MAGIC!'s 'Rude' Remains Number 1 Song
- Jake Gyllenhaal Enters World of Crime Reporting in First 'Nightcrawler' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Almost Quit Acting After Her Role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean': 'It Was Very Elitist'