'The Lego Movie' Releases Blooper Reel (Video)
The new promo clip for the hit toy movie offers a glimpse at what went wrong during production -- well, kind of.
If the success of The Lego Movie's first weekend -- and its critical acclaim -- didn't convince you of the appeal of watching a bunch of blockheads for a couple of hours, here's something that might help: Two and a half minutes of "bloopers" from the movie.
Mixing what seems to be genuine outtakes from recording -- man, I felt that "bank teller" thing a bit too much -- and specially created bits of animation all too familiar to those who spent too much of their childhood with badly constructed Lego sets, the video manages to capture a lot of the charm of the movie.
The Lego Movie opened last weekend with an impressive $69.1 million weekend take, prompting Warners' Dan Fellman to say that the studio would "definitely be talking very shortly about [more] plans for Lego." Consider this video a taste of things to come, then.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hunger Games: Mockinghay' Teaser Trailer Debuts at Comic-Con - See an Awesome Hologram Video!
- Chloe Moretz & Kellan Lutz Get the Fans Pumped at Comic-Con's MTVu Fandom Awards!
- Kesha Teases New Music on 'The Tonight Show': 'It's Super Top Secret & Awesome'
- Kings of Leon Perform Their Hit Songs on 'Good Morning America' - Watch Now!