Lego Unveils Life-Sized 'Star Wars' X-Wing (Photo)
The replica in Times Square is said to be the largest Lego model ever and was built to celebrate Cartoon Network's upcoming "The Yoda Chronicles."
Star Wars flew into Time Square on Thursday when Lego unveiled a life-sized X-wing fighter.
The company says the replica, created with more than 5 million Lego bricks, is the largest Lego model ever created. Thirty-two master builders spent 17,000 hours crafting the X-wing, which weighs 44,000 pounds and stands nearly 11 feet tall and just under 43 feet long, with a wingspan of 44 feet.
The X-wing was created to celebrate the upcoming The Yoda Chronicles, a three-episode miniseries premiering on Cartoon Network on May 29 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
"Much the same way that fans can build the Star Wars universe with our Lego sets, we are fortunate to work with Lucasfilm to build new stories, characters and vehicles through one-of-a-kind content such as the new Yoda Chronicles miniseries launching on Cartoon Network," said Nicholas Hort, Lego Star Wars brand manager.
For those wanting to see the replica, it will be heading to Legoland California Resort, in Carlsbad, where it will be on display for the rest of the year.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup