Will Ferrell, Liam Neeson Join 'Lego' Animated Film
Cast of film from Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow already includes Will Arnett, Chris Pratt and Elizabeth Banks.
Will Ferrell, Liam Neeson, Nick Offerman and Alison Brie have joined the cast of Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow Pictures’ Lego 3D animated film.
The movie, which is in production, also stars Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett and Morgan Freeman.
Pratt is voice-starring as Emmet, a regular Lego minifigure mistakenly identified as the key to saving the world, according to Warners and Village Roadshow. He's drafted into a quest to stop an evil tyrant - but he's not ready.
According to the companies, Ferrell will play President Business, a CEO who has a hard time balancing world domination and managing his own life. Neeson is the henchman, simply known as Bad Cop.
Offerman (NBC’s Parks and Recreation) is a revenge-seeking pirate, while Larson will be a member of Emmet’s team with “a powerful secret.”
Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are directing and wrote the screenplay. Dan Hageman and Kevin Hageman as well as Lord and Miller will receive "story by" credit, based on Lego construction toys.
Dan Lin and Roy Lee are producing the movie, which is scheduled for release Feb. 7, 2014.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life