Len Wiseman Exits Universal's 'Mummy' Reboot
Jon Spaihts wrote the script for the film, which is being produced by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Sean Daniels and Jim Jacks.
Len Wiseman has exited Universal’s The Mummy reboot, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
Sources said scheduling issues were to blame but did not offer details. He directed the Fox TV pilot Sleepy Hollow and is due to direct the first few episodes.
The director boarded Mummy last fall and was working with Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (who also is exec producing Sleepy Hollow) along with Sean Daniels and Jim Jacks on a modern day-set story. Jon Spaihts wrote the script.
Wiseman got the gig due to his ability to blend horror and action as seen in the director’s successful Underworld movie franchise. His most recent movie was 2012's Total Recall remake.
Universal and the producers are moving full-steam ahead to find a new director.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR