Lenny Kravitz Cast as Cinna in 'Hunger Games'
The actor-musician will play stylist Cinna opposite Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth.
Lenny Kravitz has joined the cast of The Hunger Games in a role that fans of Suzanne Collins' best-selling trilogy have been anxious to see filled.
The actor-musician will play Cinna, the fashion stylist assigned to Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) as she prepares to take part in the Hunger Games. His stunning and unique designs play an integral role in her performance in the Games.
"When I saw Lenny's work in Precious, I was just knocked out," director Gary Ross said. "It was quiet and strong and understated and open-hearted: all qualities which define this character."
Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth also star in the movie, which Lionsgate is set to release March 23.
Kravitz was nominated for an NAACP Image Award and an ensemble SAG Award for his role in Precious. He also has appeared in The Diving Bell and the Butterfly and Zoolander. He is set to release his ninth studio album, Black and White America, on Aug. 30.
Follow Heat Vision
- Do I Really Need to Watch Empire? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- The New Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Finally Shows Paul Bettany’s Vision
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Recap: Trippin’ in Amsterdam
- Self/less Trailer: Imagine You Looked Like Ben Kingsley But Then Got to Look Like Ryan Reynolds
- Daniel von Bargen Dead - 'Seinfeld' Actor Dies at 64 From Undisclosed Illness
- Courteney Cox Calls Ed Sheeran 'Amazing' For BRIT Awards 2015 Performance
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Final Trailer Released - Watch Now!
- Scott Eastwood Goes Shirtless, Spoofs the 'Bachelor' in 'Bachelor for Dogs' Video - Watch Now!