Leonard Nimoy, Zachary Quinto Face Off in Geeky Audi Ad (Video)
The "Star Trek" Spocks duel for supremacy in a commercial that features talk of "The Hobbit" and an incredible "Wrath of Khan" re-enactment.
It’s Spock vs. Spock in a new Audi ad that plays out like a geek’s fantasy.
The ad sees upstart Spock Zachary Quinto (Star Trek Into Darkness) facing off against the original half-Vulcan himself, Leonard Nimoy, in a series of contests.
The men are seen playing 3-D chess, which Trekkies know is a favorite of Spock’s, and then move on to a race to their country club, where the loser will buy lunch.
“Stand by to have your wallet emptied by a tractor beam,” Nimoy says.
But unfortunately for the elder Spock, Quinto makes a speedy trip thanks to his Audi S7, while Nimoy has trouble with his Mercedes. He even curses -- not very Vulcan.
To say much more would be to spoil it, but there’s a bit with Nimoy singing Tolkien, a Vulcan nerve pinch and an incredible callback to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
Watch the ad below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR