Leonard Nimoy, Zachary Quinto Face Off in Geeky Audi Ad (Video)
The "Star Trek" Spocks duel for supremacy in a commercial that features talk of "The Hobbit" and an incredible "Wrath of Khan" re-enactment.
It’s Spock vs. Spock in a new Audi ad that plays out like a geek’s fantasy.
The ad sees upstart Spock Zachary Quinto (Star Trek Into Darkness) facing off against the original half-Vulcan himself, Leonard Nimoy, in a series of contests.
The men are seen playing 3-D chess, which Trekkies know is a favorite of Spock’s, and then move on to a race to their country club, where the loser will buy lunch.
“Stand by to have your wallet emptied by a tractor beam,” Nimoy says.
But unfortunately for the elder Spock, Quinto makes a speedy trip thanks to his Audi S7, while Nimoy has trouble with his Mercedes. He even curses -- not very Vulcan.
To say much more would be to spoil it, but there’s a bit with Nimoy singing Tolkien, a Vulcan nerve pinch and an incredible callback to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
Watch the ad below.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services