Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx Reteam for 'Mean Business'
The "Django Unchained" stars have signed on to the Warner Bros. crime film.
Leonardo DiCaprio is reteaming with Jamie Foxx for a Warner Bros. crime film titled Mean Business on North Ganson Street, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The film is based on S. Craig Zahler's forthcoming crime novel. Zahler will write the script. The project has no director, but the two actors are attached.
The book tells of two detectives who team up to stop a series of attacks on a police department. It begins with a disgraced detective (DiCaprio) who is sent to a Missouri town where crime is spiking. He is partnered with a detective who has his own set of violent issues (Foxx) just in time to see police officers becoming targeted for murder. The two decide to dish out their own brand of justice.
DiCaprio will produce with his Appian Way partner Jennifer Davisson Killoran.
Both actors appeared in Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, which opened Christmas Day 2012.
DiCaprio next appears onscreen in Martin Scorsese's Wolf of Wall Street, which hits theaters Nov. 15. Jamie Foxx's latest film, White House Down, teams the actor with Channing Tatum in an action thriller about an attack on the presidential mansion.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10