'Les Miserables' Actor Eddie Redmayne in Talks to Join 'Jupiter Ascending'
The sci-fi project, written and being directed by Andy and Lana Wachowski, already has Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis on board.
Eddie Redmayne is getting to ascend to leading man.
The actor, who is generating awards buzz for his portrayal of Marius in Les Miserables, is in talks to join Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis in Jupiter Ascending, the latest feature from Andy and Lana Wachowski.
Many details for Warner Bros.' sci-fi project are being kept locked in the Matrix, but Tatum is playing a man named Django Wise and Kunis is attached to play a Russian immigrant named Jupiter.
Who Redmayne would play was not revealed.
The Wachowskis wrote the script and are to direct and produce, eyeing a early 2013 start.
Redmayne has made a name for himself in the theater world, receiving the Laurence Olivier Award as well as a Tony in 2010 for his work in the dramatic play Red.
On the film side, he has appeared in period films such as Elizabeth: The Golden Age and The Other Boleyn Girl and co-starred opposite Michelle Williams in My Week With Marilyn.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Princeton Mom Doesn't Want 'Sugar Babies' To Sully The Good Ivy League Name
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!