The Lie That Got 'Walking Dead' Published (Exclusive Video)
In an excerpt from next year's "The Image Revolution" documentary, Robert Kirkman talks about convincing Image Comics to publish the zombie series.
These days, The Walking Dead is one of the biggest shows on TV, with a massively successful series for AMC, a video game series from Telltale Games and a prose series from Macmillan all having been spun out of Robert Kirkman's original comic book. But it nearly didn't happen.
In this exclusive clip from Comics in Focus: The Image Revolution, Kirkman and Image Comics publisher Eric Stephenson tell the story of what Kirkman had to do in order to convince Image to publish the series in the first place -- including the unexpected revelation of just what the writer told Image was behind the zombie apocalypse.
The feature-length Comics in Focus: The Image Revolution, directed by Patrick Meaney and produced by Sequart Research & Literacy Organization in conjunction with Respect Films, is currently available for pre-order, with a DVD and digital release scheduled for January 2014.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences