Live-Action 'Max Steel' Adaptation Adds 'Get on Up' Actor
Billy Slaughter joins the superhero film based on the Mattel toy franchise.
Max Steel, the live-action film based on the popular Mattel superhero property, has added Get on Up actor Billy Slaughter to the cast.
Directed by Stewart Hendler from a script by Christopher Yost (Thor: The Dark World), Max Steel also stars Ben Winchell, Ana Villafane and Andy Garcia. The project is currently filming in Wilmington, N.C.
The story centers on 16-year-old Max McGrath (Winchell) and his alien companion Steel, who must harness and combine their new powers to create the superhero Max Steel. In working together, the unlikely duo begin to uncover unimaginable secrets and set out to fight mysterious forces threatening their way of life.
Slaughter will play Agent Murphy.
Dolphin Films International is handling the film internationally in partnership with IM Global. Open Road Films is planning to release Max Steel in 2015. Julia Pistor is producing for Mattel's Playground Productions.
Slaughter, whose previous projects include The Campaign and The East, has a slew of projects in the can. He'll next be seen in James Brown biopic Get on Up, starring Chadwick Boseman, and later this summer in football drama When the Game Stands Tall. He’ll also appear in Jeff Nichols’ next film, Midnight Special. He's repped by Action Talent Agency.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Movie Review: A Walk Among the Tombstones
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!