Loki Crashes NY Charity Screening of 'Thor: The Dark World'
To the delight of the audience, Tom Hiddleston made a surprise appearance at a screening for children's charities in New York yesterday.
And here's your feel-good story of the day. A special screening of Thor: The Dark World for two children's charities in New York City was interrupted yesterday when Tom Hiddleston appeared to thrill the crowd, pose for photographs and just generally underscore the impression that he's nothing like his onscreen character (unless that's what he wants us to think…).
Hiddleston made a surprise appearance at a screening of the new Thor movie -- which opens wide next week -- for the Children's Aid Society and Variety the Children's Charity of New York yesterday afternoon at the AMC Empire 25 in Times Square, despite having landed at JFK just two hours earlier.
"I just landed from London at 4 p.m. and to sort of come through the airport, throw on some clothes and come into that response where there were just 300 kids so excited to be there,” Hiddleston told the New York Daily News. "To see that enthusiasm, to see them clap and cheer, wearing Loki T-shirts and swinging hammers, that was really gratifying."
Hiddleston made the appearance, he explained, to show his support of both charities' efforts. "I believe so strongly in their work. There are armies of people behind the scenes who do tireless work on behalf of children all over the world," he said. "So it’s nothing for me to turn up and introduce a screening for them. I hope it’s a nice reward."
Certainly, the kids present seemed to think so; his appearance on stage -- announcing that he was "filled with glorious purpose," of course -- was greeted with cheers and applause. "It was amazing," he said afterwards of the response.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
Follow Heat Vision
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!