'The Lone Ranger' Poster and New Still Images Debut (Photos)
Disney has unveiled several new images from its reimagining of the western classic, ahead of the trailer debut on Wednesday.
After pre-production hangups, a massive shooting schedule and plenty of turmoil along the way, Jerry Bruckheimer and Gore Verbinski have finally debuted a one-sheet for their $250 million epic, The Lone Ranger.
And if it looks familiar, ask yourself one question: Why So Serious?
Yes, the first poster for the film features Johnny Depp's eyes and face mask makeup in a wild smear reminiscent of The Joker's appearance on The Dark Knight posters back in 2008. The visage is one of many major departures from the traditional Native American sidekick Tonto made for Depp's character -- you may already know about the crow that sits atop his head, which was not present in the black and white TV show.
Between director Verbinski's love of shooting extra footage and some natural hazards that mucked up the desert production, it took about 150 days to complete principal photography.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)