'Lone Ranger' Premiere Tickets Selling for $1,000 Each
All of the revenue generated by the Disney event will go to support Native American students.
Disney is giving the public a chance to see Johnny Depp and attend the premiere for The Lone Ranger. The catch: It will cost you is $1,000. But it’s for a good cause.
The company today announced that the premiere for Ranger, its big-budget spectacle starring Depp and Armie Hammer, will take place at California Adventure Park in Anaheim, Calif., on June 22.
Disney has donated the premiere tickets to the American Indian College Fund, which is now selling them to the public for $1,000 each.
Depp is playing Tonto, the Native American partner to Hammer’s Lone Ranger. When the casting was announced, there was some criticism that a white man was playing the character. The pairing with the AICF is a chance to put those critics at ease.
“We’ve had a terrific collaboration with the Native American community throughout the production of Disney’s The Lone Ranger,” said Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn in a statement. “With the world premiere of this exciting film at hand, we are pleased to commemorate the occasion by supporting the American Indian College Fund.”
Because the studio is underwriting the event, 100 percent of the revenue will go to support Native American students.
Disney is bringing in Lone Ranger’s horse, Silver, for the occasion and will have an actual train car from the movie on display (trains play almost as big a role in the movie as Depp does, judging from the trailers).
The red carpet will run along the park’s Hollywood Boulevard, and attendees will potentially be able to rub shoulders with the cast and filmmakers.
And, as a bonus, after the screening, guests will be able to play in Cars Land and see World of Color, which will only be open to premiere attendees.
Disney has thrown several premieres at its theme parks, notably the recent events for the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, which were held at Disneyland.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding