'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer Go West (Video)
Disney offers up a long-awaited first preview cut of the action-packed adaptation of the classic radio and TV serial.
The horse is still named Silver, but it's the silver bullet that is the central focus in this first glimpse at The Lone Ranger.
Having finally put an expensive, delayed and grueling shoot behind them, stars Armie Hammer (the titular lawman) and Johnny Depp (a reimagined sidekick, Tonto) are making their first promotional rounds for the film a full ten months before its release. Hammer was on The Tonight Show on Tuesday to introduce this trailer, which features shootouts, a Tom Wilkinson voiceover and the marvel of a rail train speeding across the western plain.
The debut comes less than a day after Disney released the first one-sheet for the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced, Gore Verbinski-directed film, which recalls the art for 2008's The Dark Knight. The trailer, though, reminds of a sort of latter day Pirates of the Caribbean, with the seas drained and the ostentatious pirate now a solemn Native American vigilante.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'