'Looper' Poster Features Joseph Gordon-Levitt Mirroring Bruce Willis (Photo)
The first artwork for the upcoming sci-fi film emphasizes the present and future, with the two stars playing the same character at different times.
In Looper, Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays Joe. So does Bruce Willis. Confused? Let the movie's new poster clear it all up for you. Or, then again, maybe not.
The innovative upcoming sci-fi film from director Rian Johnson takes place sometime in the near future, in which time travel is as common (and easier) than taking public transportation. Gordon-Levitt, with a new level of authority and grimness, plays an assassin. His next target? His future self, played by Willis.
It would seem an obvious answer -- don't kill your future self -- but it turns out Joe turned out to be a pretty bad guy (beyond his already-established assassin background).
In that context, the poster makes much more sense -- especially if you have the ability to turn your neck in unnatural directions.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)