First Look: 'Lord of the Rings' Lego Toyline (Photos)
Warner Bros. has also inked a deal to release a separate line of toys in conjunction with Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit."
Lego and Warner Bros. Consumer Products today unveiled images of its construction toys based on Lord of the Rings film trilogy.
The two companies signed a licensing deal late last year to giving Lego full access to the characters and stories and setting to not only the LOTR trilogy but also the two upcoming Peter Jackson adaptations of the J.R.R. Tolkien classics, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again.
The first wave of LOTR toys will start appearing in June with the Hobbit line closer to Unexpected Journey’s December 14 release.
The first line features the heroes of LOTR, ranging from Frodo and Aragorn to Gandalf the Grey and Gimli. Line two, whose images were unveiled today for the first time, features the baddies such as Orc and Ringwraiths…and of course Gollum.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- OneRepublic's 'Ordinary Human' Music Video Includes New 'Giver' Footage - Watch Now!
- Kelly Brook Announces She's the New Face of Skechers!
- Elizabeth Banks Dishes on 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas Have Gotten Too Big for Their Britches
- Evan Rachel Wood Has the Coolest Backpack Ever Because It Looks Like R2D2!