First Look: 'Lord of the Rings' Lego Toyline (Photos)
Warner Bros. has also inked a deal to release a separate line of toys in conjunction with Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit."
Lego and Warner Bros. Consumer Products today unveiled images of its construction toys based on Lord of the Rings film trilogy.
The two companies signed a licensing deal late last year to giving Lego full access to the characters and stories and setting to not only the LOTR trilogy but also the two upcoming Peter Jackson adaptations of the J.R.R. Tolkien classics, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again.
The first wave of LOTR toys will start appearing in June with the Hobbit line closer to Unexpected Journey’s December 14 release.
The first line features the heroes of LOTR, ranging from Frodo and Aragorn to Gandalf the Grey and Gimli. Line two, whose images were unveiled today for the first time, features the baddies such as Orc and Ringwraiths…and of course Gollum.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills