'Lost' Director Jack Bender Developing 'Devolution' for Legendary (Exclusive)
The idea behind the project hails from "World War Z" author Max Brooks.
Jack Bender, perhaps best known as the preeminent director of ABC’s Lost, is working on Devolution, a thriller he is developing to direct for Legendary.
Plot details are being kept lock and key, but the pedigree is all genre. It is based on an original idea by Max Brooks, the author of World War Z, while David Leslie Johnson, who worked on Wrath of the Titans and penned a couple of episodes of AMC's hit The Walking Dead, is writing the script.
Brooks is producing with Legendary, indicating that the author is slowly developing deeper relations with the company. Legendary East’s project The Great Wall, about the creature-inspired origins of China's Great Wall, was conceived by him and CEO Thomas Tull. And Brooks was listed as a “supporter” of Legendary’s comic and graphic novel publishing imprint when the arm was launched.
Bender has directed episodes of geek shows Alias, Alphas and Alcatraz, but it is his work on Lost that has garnered him the most attention. He was attached to direct Paramount’s Jack Ryan movie but exited, reportedly over scheduling issues.
Bender is repped by UTA and Myman Greenspan.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!