'Lost' Director Jack Bender Developing 'Devolution' for Legendary (Exclusive)
The idea behind the project hails from "World War Z" author Max Brooks.
Jack Bender, perhaps best known as the preeminent director of ABC’s Lost, is working on Devolution, a thriller he is developing to direct for Legendary.
Plot details are being kept lock and key, but the pedigree is all genre. It is based on an original idea by Max Brooks, the author of World War Z, while David Leslie Johnson, who worked on Wrath of the Titans and penned a couple of episodes of AMC's hit The Walking Dead, is writing the script.
Brooks is producing with Legendary, indicating that the author is slowly developing deeper relations with the company. Legendary East’s project The Great Wall, about the creature-inspired origins of China's Great Wall, was conceived by him and CEO Thomas Tull. And Brooks was listed as a “supporter” of Legendary’s comic and graphic novel publishing imprint when the arm was launched.
Bender has directed episodes of geek shows Alias, Alphas and Alcatraz, but it is his work on Lost that has garnered him the most attention. He was attached to direct Paramount’s Jack Ryan movie but exited, reportedly over scheduling issues.
Bender is repped by UTA and Myman Greenspan.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)