'Lost' Director Jack Bender Developing 'Devolution' for Legendary (Exclusive)
The idea behind the project hails from "World War Z" author Max Brooks.
Jack Bender, perhaps best known as the preeminent director of ABC’s Lost, is working on Devolution, a thriller he is developing to direct for Legendary.
Plot details are being kept lock and key, but the pedigree is all genre. It is based on an original idea by Max Brooks, the author of World War Z, while David Leslie Johnson, who worked on Wrath of the Titans and penned a couple of episodes of AMC's hit The Walking Dead, is writing the script.
Brooks is producing with Legendary, indicating that the author is slowly developing deeper relations with the company. Legendary East’s project The Great Wall, about the creature-inspired origins of China's Great Wall, was conceived by him and CEO Thomas Tull. And Brooks was listed as a “supporter” of Legendary’s comic and graphic novel publishing imprint when the arm was launched.
Bender has directed episodes of geek shows Alias, Alphas and Alcatraz, but it is his work on Lost that has garnered him the most attention. He was attached to direct Paramount’s Jack Ryan movie but exited, reportedly over scheduling issues.
Bender is repped by UTA and Myman Greenspan.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding