Louis Leterrier to Direct Sacha Baron Cohen in Spy Spoof 'Grimsby'
The film, co-written by "Wreck-It Ralph's" Phil Johnston, is set up at Paramount.
Louis Leterrier is in negotiations to direct Sacha Baron Cohen in Grimsby, Paramount's upcoming spy spoof.
The studio picked up the project as an untitled pitch from Cohen and Phil Johnston (Wreck-It Ralph) in 2012.
The story concerns a James Bond-like spy who "is forced to go on the run with his long-lost brother, a moronic soccer hooligan," according to the logline provided by the studio at the time.
Grimsby is an interesting move for Leterrier. The director, best known for The Incredible Hulk and Clash of the Titans, is firmly planted in the action world. He also directed Now You See Me, Summit’s surprise summer hit that now has a sequel in the works.
Grimsby will have some action elements to it, as it does deal with spies, but with Cohen in the lead, it will definitely have a heavy comedic footprint, giving Leterrier an opportunity to flex a different directing muscle.
And Cohen may be stepping outside his comfort zone as well. While the comedian has worked with several directors on the film side, including as Martin Scorsese in Hugo, all of his starring vehicles, from Borat to Bruno to The Dictator, have been directed by one man: Larry Charles.
Leterrier is repped by CAA, Management 360 and Hirsch Wallerstein.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014