Lucas Till Joins Kate Beckinsale in 'The Disappointments Room' (Exclusive)
D.J. Caruso is directing the Relativity thriller
Lucas Till, who played Havok in the recent X-Men movies, will star opposite Kate Beckinsale in the Relativity Studios thriller The Disappointments Room.
D.J. Caruso (Disturbia) is directing the film, which has an original screenplay by Wentworth Miller, the Prison Break actor who also wrote Stoker. Caruso did a rewrite on the script.
The story tells of a mother (Beckinsale) who moves her family to a beautiful house in the country. The discovery of a secret room in the attic leads to the woman unlocking the home’s bloody secret past and how it ties frighteningly to her own.
In what is being described as a flashy role, Till will play a mysterious carpenter who works on the family's home.
Room is due to begin shooting Sept. 8 in North Carolina.
Geyer Kosinski is producing, with Tucker Tooley and Demarest Films executive producing. Robbie Brenner is overseeing the film on behalf of the studio.
Till is one of Hollywood’s rising actors and just wrapped Monster Trucks, Paramount’s big-budget franchise hopeful in which he stars opposite Jane Levy. The movie opens in the heat of the 2015 summer movie season, May 29.
He is repped by APA, manager Tom Sullivan and attorney Howard Fishman.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- Dark Graphic Novella Pays Tribute To The 10th Anniversary Of Arcade Fire's 'Funeral'
- Scientists Show Hitchcock Thriller To 'Vegetative' Man, Get Big Surprise
- Nick Jonas On How Fans Have Helped Him Transition From Band Member To Solo Artist
- Kim Kardashian Asks Nasim Pedrad About That 'SNL' Impression
- Jenny McCarthy Hasn't Watched 'The View' Yet: 'I've Been Hearing Mixed Reviews'
- Kirsten Dunst Doesn't Like Watching Herself On Screen
- Ariana Grande's Rumored Boyfriend Big Sean Says They Have 'Great Chemistry'
- Julianna Margulies & Jimmy Fallon Are Hilarious School Principals Who Sing the Morning Announcements (Video)