Lucy Knisley Signs Two-Book Deal With Fantagraphics
"An Age of License," the first of two new travelogues from the "Relish" creator, will be published this fall, with a second title to follow next year.
Having conquered the non-fiction comic world with the wonderful food memoir, Relish, last year, cartoonist Lucy Knisley goes international with her next two projects, with two comic book travelogues announced for the next couple of years as part of a new publishing deal with Fantagraphics Books.
Fantagraphics announced yesterday that it will publish An Age of License, described as an account of Knisley's "charming and romantic adventures across Europe on a quest to discover what is truly important in life," this fall, followed by Displacement, which recounts a cruise with her grandparents, in the summer of 2015.
Knisley, a New York Times best-selling author whose earlier work includes French Milk, a travelogue of a visit to France, said that she was "really excited" to be working with the publisher. "These books are an exploration of youth and freedom, versus responsibility and family, and I'm so glad Fantagraphics is the company to help me tell these stories."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR