Lucy Knisley Signs Two-Book Deal With Fantagraphics
"An Age of License," the first of two new travelogues from the "Relish" creator, will be published this fall, with a second title to follow next year.
Having conquered the non-fiction comic world with the wonderful food memoir, Relish, last year, cartoonist Lucy Knisley goes international with her next two projects, with two comic book travelogues announced for the next couple of years as part of a new publishing deal with Fantagraphics Books.
Fantagraphics announced yesterday that it will publish An Age of License, described as an account of Knisley's "charming and romantic adventures across Europe on a quest to discover what is truly important in life," this fall, followed by Displacement, which recounts a cruise with her grandparents, in the summer of 2015.
Knisley, a New York Times best-selling author whose earlier work includes French Milk, a travelogue of a visit to France, said that she was "really excited" to be working with the publisher. "These books are an exploration of youth and freedom, versus responsibility and family, and I'm so glad Fantagraphics is the company to help me tell these stories."
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- TV Review: For the Love of God, Watch The Americans Tonight
- Sundance Review: Cobie Smulders, Guy Pearce, and Kevin Corrigan Reinvent the Rom-Com in Andrew Bujalski’s Results
- Watch the Trailer for Amira & Sam, Featuring Paul Wesley in a Very Different Role
- 3-Sentence Reviews: White Columns, Philip Taaffe, and More
- Behati Prinsloo Marries a Lookalike Adam Levine in Tommy Hilfiger's Latest Campaign
- You Could Dine with Aaron Paul, Nina Dobrev, & More in Support of the Kind Campaign!
- Katy Perry's Super Bowl 2015 Halftime Show Will Be Epic - More Details Revealed!
- Chelsea Handler Shares a Topless Photo with Star of David Nipple Pasties