Lucy Knisley Signs Two-Book Deal With Fantagraphics
"An Age of License," the first of two new travelogues from the "Relish" creator, will be published this fall, with a second title to follow next year.
Having conquered the non-fiction comic world with the wonderful food memoir, Relish, last year, cartoonist Lucy Knisley goes international with her next two projects, with two comic book travelogues announced for the next couple of years as part of a new publishing deal with Fantagraphics Books.
Fantagraphics announced yesterday that it will publish An Age of License, described as an account of Knisley's "charming and romantic adventures across Europe on a quest to discover what is truly important in life," this fall, followed by Displacement, which recounts a cruise with her grandparents, in the summer of 2015.
Knisley, a New York Times best-selling author whose earlier work includes French Milk, a travelogue of a visit to France, said that she was "really excited" to be working with the publisher. "These books are an exploration of youth and freedom, versus responsibility and family, and I'm so glad Fantagraphics is the company to help me tell these stories."
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Brooks Wheelan on His Post-SNL Plans, Returning to a Days Inn Budget, and Taking Comedians Camping
- A Most Wanted Man Is an Unshapely Movie That Showcases Philip Seymour Hoffman at His Peak
- Seinfeld Might Come to Netflix
- In the Outlandishly Entertaining Lucy, Scarlett Johansson Becomes One With the Action-Movie Universe