Luke Evans Joins Sixth 'Fast & Furious' Film
He nears deal to play the villain in Universal's latest installment of the franchise.
Luke Evans is finalizing a deal to play the villain in Fast 6, the latest installment of Universal’s Fast & Furious franchise.
Paul Walker and Vin Diesel are set to return as rogue heroes Brian O’Conner and Dominic Toretto. Dwayne Johnson is reprising his role as Diplomatic Security Service Agent Luke Hobbs, out to capture the boys. And Gina Carano will play a member of Johnson’s team.
The brakes are being slammed on plot details as sources say the action is set in Europe in this go-around, set to be released in May 2013.
Justin Lin is back to direct his fourth installment of the franchise, and Chris Morgan has also returned to write the script. Neal H. Moritz and Diesel are returning as producers.
Brit-based Evans is now shooting Peter Jackson’s adaptation of The Hobbit, in which he plays Bard the Bowman. He played Zeus in Tarsem Singh’s Immortals and stars opposite John Cusack in The Raven.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Nina Dobrev Gets Glam At Comic-Con To Promote 'Let's Be Cops'
- Why George R.R. Martin Won't Write A 'Game Of Thrones' Episode This Season
- Dan Povenmire and Swampy Marsh's New Hope Is That They Get to Make More "Phineas & Ferb Star Wars" Specials for the Disney Channel
- All The Awesome Cosplay From Comic-Con 2014 So Far