'Lust for Love' Reunites Fran Kranz With His 'Dollhouse' Co-Stars (Exclusive Photos)
THR has the first look at the indie romantic comedy, featuring frequent Joss Whedon collaborators such as Felicia Day.
Members of the Whedonverse tend to become close friends, working together time and time again. That was certainly the case in the secret Shakespearean adaptation Much Ado About Nothing, shot in Joss Whedon's backyard last summer, and it's once again the case in Lust for Love, a rom-com that stars many of the stars of his Fox drama Dollhouse.
The film features Fran Kranz -- seen most recently in Cabin in the Woods and on Broadway in Death of a Salesman -- as an unlucky in love guy who finally wins over the love of his life, played by Beau Garrett. Of course, because he's been pining over her for so long, he inevitably gets so awkward that the dream relationship quickly crashes.
Unbowed, he seeks out help from an unlikely source: his now-ex's best friend, played by another Dollhouse alum Dichen Lachman.
The film also features Dollhouse alums Miracle Laurie, Enver Gjokaj and Maurissa Tancharoen Whedon, who is also the wife of Jed Whedon, her co-writer on Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Felicia Day, who featured in that internet sensation, has a small part in Lust for Love, as well.
The movie is directed by Anton King, and produced by AGGK Films. Still in post-production, no festival dates have been set; check back for more soon, including interviews with both King and Kranz.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR