'Luther' Creator Neil Cross Set to Grow Ghost House's 'Day of the Triffids' Adaptation
After collaborating with Guillermo del Toro on "Mama" and "Pacific Rim," Cross is mounting a new film version of the iconic novel for Sam Raimi's production house.
Neil Cross, the creator of the acclaimed BBC police series Luther, has been hired to write The Day of the Triffids, Ghost House's adaptation of the English sci-fi horror novel by John Wyndam.
Mark Gordon, Michael Preger and Don Murphy are partnering with Ghost House principals Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert to produce.
The 1951 novel, which was adapted into a 1962 film also titled The Day of the Triffids, is set in the aftermath of a comet shower that blinds most of the world's population. Those with sight must battle alien plants, known as Triffids, bent on destroying mankind.
Ghost House principals Nathan Kahane and Joe Drake will executive produce alongside Susan Montford.
J.R. Young and Audrey Chon will oversee the project for Ghost House while Drew Simon shepherds for The Mark Gordon Company.
Cross wrote and created Luther, the show which stars Idris Elba as a controversial but effective police investigator. He wrote Mama, a Guillermo del Toro-produced horror movie that stars Jessica Chastain, and recently did a polish on del Toro's Pacific Rim.
Cross is repped by UTA, Independent Talent Group, and attorney Fred Toczek.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding