'Machete Kills' Trailer: President Charlie Sheen Enlists Danny Trejo for a Mission (Video)
Lady Gaga, Mel Gibson, Sofia Vergara and Antonio Banderas are among the stars cast in the Robert Rodriguez grindhouse sequel.
Machete is returning with knives sharpened, guns blazing and cameo appearances aplenty.
Danny Trejo is back as the revenge-seeking ex-Federale agent, and Lady Gaga, Mel Gibson, Sofia Vergara, Antonio Banderas and Charlie Sheen are few of the stars seen in this new trailer for the Robert Rodriguez project.
According to the synopsis, Machete is enlisted by the president of the United States (Sheen, billed with his birth name, Carlos Estevez, in the trailer) in order to "take down a madman revolutionary and an eccentric billionaire arms dealer who has hatched a plan to spread war and anarchy across the planet."
The Hollywood Reporter previously noted that Machete was intended as a trilogy. The original R-rated grindhouse film grossed just over $25 million in U.S. theaters when it was released in 2010.
Trailer narrated in Spanish, with an introduction by Trejo and Rodriguez:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR