'Machete Kills' Trailer: President Charlie Sheen Enlists Danny Trejo for a Mission (Video)
Lady Gaga, Mel Gibson, Sofia Vergara and Antonio Banderas are among the stars cast in the Robert Rodriguez grindhouse sequel.
Machete is returning with knives sharpened, guns blazing and cameo appearances aplenty.
Danny Trejo is back as the revenge-seeking ex-Federale agent, and Lady Gaga, Mel Gibson, Sofia Vergara, Antonio Banderas and Charlie Sheen are few of the stars seen in this new trailer for the Robert Rodriguez project.
According to the synopsis, Machete is enlisted by the president of the United States (Sheen, billed with his birth name, Carlos Estevez, in the trailer) in order to "take down a madman revolutionary and an eccentric billionaire arms dealer who has hatched a plan to spread war and anarchy across the planet."
The Hollywood Reporter previously noted that Machete was intended as a trilogy. The original R-rated grindhouse film grossed just over $25 million in U.S. theaters when it was released in 2010.
Trailer narrated in Spanish, with an introduction by Trejo and Rodriguez:
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life