Machinima Pilot 'Enormous' Finds Its Cast (Exclusive)
BenDavid Grabinski is directing the pilot for the web series based on an Image comic.
Ceren Lee, Erica Gimpel and Steve Brand are starring in Enormous, a live-action web series adaptation of the Image Comics comic book series being made by Machinima.
BenDavid Grabinski (who directed the Brandon Routh-Mary Elizabeth Winstead short Cost of Living) is directing the pilot, which goes into production Friday in Los Angeles, with Garret Coffey, Billy Miller and Charles Melton also in the cast. The project has high hopes as it seeks to try to bring tentpole-style stories to the digital universe and make it a model for others to emulate.
The story certainly has large-scale ambition. Created by Tim Daniel and artist Mehdi Cheggour, the story is set in a world where humanity is under attack from gigantic monsters.
Lee will play the lead, a women who works for the United Nation's Search and Rescue division looking for abandoned children. Gimpel's character protects Lee's rescuer.
Brand is the story's antagonist, a soldier of fortune making a living in this post-apocalyptic world.
Adrian Askarieh, who optioned the comic a year ago, is producing, while Joshua Wexler is exec producing. Grabinski wrote the script with Andre Ovredal, the Norwegian filmmaker behind Troll Hunter.
Lee is a relative newcomer to the acting scene, while Gimpel recently appeared on TV's Cult and True Blood. Brand starred in Wrong Turn 2: Dead End and has been voicing video games.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services