'Mad Men' Actress Abigail Spencer Heads to 'Oz' (Exclusive)
The actress joins James Franco in the Sam Raimi production.
Abigail Spencer has been cast in Disney’s Oz, the Great and Powerful, the prequel-ish take on The Wizard of Oz tale being directed by Sam Raimi.
Spencer is joining a production that sees James Franco as Oz and Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams as three powerful witches he runs into when his hot air balloon carries him into a fabled land.
Spencer will play a young woman who is a willing subject of Oz’s magic tricks which the erstwhile magician is performing in Kansas.
Production on Oz begins later this month in Michigan.
Spencer, repped by ICM and Untitled and perhaps best known for her work on AMC’s Mad Men, will next be seen in Jon Favreau’s Cowboys and Aliens.
She will also appear in This Means War, the McG-directed action romance starring Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pine, and stars in Gold Circle’s upcoming horror thriller, The Haunting in Georgia.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR