'Mad Men' Actress to Star in Joss Whedon-Written and Produced Supernatural Romance
Abigail Spencer starts filming "In Your Eyes" next month for director Brin Hill under Whedon's Bellwether production shingle.
Abigail Spencer, perhaps best known for playing Don Draper’s mistress on Mad Men, is in negotiations to star in In Your Eyes, a "supernatural romance" that Joss Whedon wrote and is producing.
Brin Hill (Ball Don't Lie, the upcoming Planet B-Boy) is directing the low-budget movie, which Whedon is producing with Kai Cole via Bellwether Pictures, a "micro-studio" the duo created in order to produce smaller-budget movies.
Few details are known about the story, but it centers on two people who are preternaturally or supernaturally connected, despite being polar opposites.
Whedon, who is completing post-production on The Avengers, plans to make the movie quickly the same way he did with his contemporized version of Much Ado About Nothing, which he shot in 12 days last October and is meant to serve as a template for future Bellwether pics.
Spencer, repped by ICM and Untitled, has been on a tear since making her mark with Mad Men. In addition to appearing in last summer's Cowboys & Aliens, she has several movies in the can, including Of Men and Mavericks, the Curtis Hanson-directed surfing movie starring Gerard Butler, This Means War, with Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pine, and Oz: The Great and Powerful, starring James Franco.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!