Mads Mikkelsen in Negotiations to Play Villain in 'Thor 2'
The Danish actor joins the already cast Tom Hiddleston as one of the sequel's antagonists.
Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen is in negotiations to play a villain in Marvel Studios’ Thor 2.
Mikkelsen, known to American audiences for playing bad guys in such movies as Casino Royale and Clash of the Titans, will join Tom Hiddleston as the antagonists in the sequel to the 2011 hit. Hiddleston is reprising his role of Loki, Norse god of mischief.
Much of the cast of the first film is returning, including Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, as well as the actors who play the Warriors Three.
Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones) is directing.
Marvel is plowing into the sequels for its marquee heroes, not resting on the laurels of its gargantuan global success of The Avengers. Iron Man 3 began shooting Wednesday in North Carolina. Sequels for Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor are in the midst of securing actors and directors.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- David Lynch Thinks No One Will Ever Agree on What Eraserhead Is About
- Report: 7 More Actresses Are Being Considered for True Detective Lead
- My Father Was James Brown. I Watched Him Beat My Mother. And Then I Found Myself With Someone Like Dad.
- Abbi and Ilana Talk Cereal in This World Premiere of Their Web Series Hack Into Broad City
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!
- Lady Gaga Celebrates The Late Paul Horn with 'Nature Boy' Tony Bennett Duet - Listen Now!
- Kristen Bell & Husband Dax Shephard Look Perfect Together at 'This Is Where I Leave You' Premiere
- Rihanna Slams CBS For Pulling Her Song From Thursday Night Football Intro