Mads Mikkelsen in Negotiations to Play Villain in 'Thor 2'
The Danish actor joins the already cast Tom Hiddleston as one of the sequel's antagonists.
Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen is in negotiations to play a villain in Marvel Studios’ Thor 2.
Mikkelsen, known to American audiences for playing bad guys in such movies as Casino Royale and Clash of the Titans, will join Tom Hiddleston as the antagonists in the sequel to the 2011 hit. Hiddleston is reprising his role of Loki, Norse god of mischief.
Much of the cast of the first film is returning, including Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, as well as the actors who play the Warriors Three.
Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones) is directing.
Marvel is plowing into the sequels for its marquee heroes, not resting on the laurels of its gargantuan global success of The Avengers. Iron Man 3 began shooting Wednesday in North Carolina. Sequels for Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor are in the midst of securing actors and directors.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR