Magnet Acquires Horror Film 'The Innkeepers'
The genre arm of Magnolia Pictures plans to release the pic on VOD platforms on December 30, followed by theatrical release in February 2012.
Magnet Releasing, the genre arm of Magnolia Pictures, has picked up the U.S. theatrical and VOC rights to The Innkeepers, a horror movie from Ti West.
Magnet plans to release Innkeepers on all digital VOD platforms on December 30, 2011, followed by theatrical release in major markets in early February 2012. MPI Media Group will release the film on DVD.
The movie stars Sara Paxton (Shark Night 3D) and Pat Healy (Dirty Girl) as employees of a New England inn, with a haunted house legacy, that is closing after a century of service. As odd guests check-in in the waning days, the duo attempt to uncover proof the hotel is indeed haunted and get more than they bargained for. Kelly McGillis also stars in the movie.
West made the horror movie The House of the Devil and Innkeepers was inspired by “unnerving experiences” he and his crew went through during Devil’s making.
Innkeepers was produced by Derek Curl, Peter Phok, West and Larry Fessenden for MPI/Dark Sky Films in partnership with Glass Eye Pix.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game