Magnet Acquires Horror Film 'The Innkeepers'
The genre arm of Magnolia Pictures plans to release the pic on VOD platforms on December 30, followed by theatrical release in February 2012.
Magnet Releasing, the genre arm of Magnolia Pictures, has picked up the U.S. theatrical and VOC rights to The Innkeepers, a horror movie from Ti West.
Magnet plans to release Innkeepers on all digital VOD platforms on December 30, 2011, followed by theatrical release in major markets in early February 2012. MPI Media Group will release the film on DVD.
The movie stars Sara Paxton (Shark Night 3D) and Pat Healy (Dirty Girl) as employees of a New England inn, with a haunted house legacy, that is closing after a century of service. As odd guests check-in in the waning days, the duo attempt to uncover proof the hotel is indeed haunted and get more than they bargained for. Kelly McGillis also stars in the movie.
West made the horror movie The House of the Devil and Innkeepers was inspired by “unnerving experiences” he and his crew went through during Devil’s making.
Innkeepers was produced by Derek Curl, Peter Phok, West and Larry Fessenden for MPI/Dark Sky Films in partnership with Glass Eye Pix.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum