Magnet Picks Up U.S. Rights to 'Hammer of the Gods'
The film about Viking warriors stars Charlie Bewley and James Cosmo.
Magnet Releasing, the genre of arm of Magnolia Pictures, has picked up the U.S. distribution rights to Viking action movie Hammer of the Gods.
The movie is directed by Farren Blackburn and stars Charlie Bewley (The Twilight Saga) and James Cosmo (Game of Thrones). Vertigo Films and Protagonist Pictures are behind the picture.
The company describes the movie as being “set in the violent world of Viking Britain in 871 AD” and tells the story of a “young Viking warrior, Steinar (Bewley), sent by his father the King (Cosmo) on a quest to find his estranged brother, who was banished from the kingdom many years before. Steinar’s epic journey across hostile territory gradually sees him emerge as the man his father wants him to be -- the ruthless and unforgiving successor to his throne.”
Magnet picked up the rights after seeing a promo reel screened at AFM. The company says it plans to release the film in 2013 via its UltraVOD platform.
Magnet’s Dori Begley and Protagonist’s Mike Goodridge negotiated the deal.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Cameron Diaz & Benji Madden Enjoy Romantic Seaside Getaway in Italy - See the Pics!
- Obsessed with Beyonce's 'Crazy in Love' From 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer? Boots Explains Reworking the Song with Bey!
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson & Irina Shayk Crush Into Hollywood with 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Game of Thrones' Kit Harington & Rose Leslie Keep Close at LAX