Magnet to Release Ti West's 'The Sacrament' in North America
The horror movie played well at both the Venice and Toronto film festivals.
Magnet Releasing, the genre arm of Magnolia Pictures, has picked up the North American rights to The Sacrament, the latest horror movie from one of the genre's rising stars, Ti West.
The movie screened to positive results at both the Venice and Toronto film festivals.
The deal reunites West with Magnet, which previously released the director's The House of the Devil and The Innkeepers, plus the anthologies V/H/S and The ABC's of Death.
The movie was produced and financed by Worldview Entertainment. Eli Roth, Jacob Jaffke, Peter Phok, and Worldview's Christopher Woodrow and Molly Conners produced.
A release in 2014 is planned.
According to Magnet, Sacrament stars AJ Bowen and Joe Swanberg “as reporters for VICE Media who journey to a remote Central American compound along with a photographer (Kentucker Audley) hoping to reunite with his sister (Amy Seimetz), who has dropped off the map after struggling with drug addiction. They find an isolated community of true believers devoted to a shadowy but charismatic figure called “Father.” Skeptical at first, the journalists begin to come around to the group’s utopian claims, until things rapidly take a very dark turn.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR