Malekith Challenges You to a Staring Contest in New 'Thor' Poster
New "Thor" poster gives fans their first good look at "The Dark World's" main villain.
He's been both Doctor Who's time-traveling hero and the villainous Destro in the first G.I. Joe movie, but Christopher Eccleston has been surprisingly absent from much of the promotion for Thor: The Dark World to date despite playing the movie's main bad guy. That may be about to change, however, with a new poster for the movie literally unmasking Eccleston's character for audiences to glimpse the true face of elf evil.
Eccleston plays Malekith, a character who -- according to Marvel Studios -- leads "an ancient race… to plunge the universe back into darkness." The comic book Malekith was the leader of the Dark Elves, who attempted to freeze over Earth by destroying the Casket of Ancient Winters, releasing all manner of mystical cold across the planet.
Whether or not that much-loved 1980s storyline by creator Walter Simonson forms the backbone of the movie remains unknown, but for now, just gaze into the frosty eyes of movie Malekith and wish that it was Nov. 8, when the movie debuts in the U.S., already.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR