Malekith Challenges You to a Staring Contest in New 'Thor' Poster
New "Thor" poster gives fans their first good look at "The Dark World's" main villain.
He's been both Doctor Who's time-traveling hero and the villainous Destro in the first G.I. Joe movie, but Christopher Eccleston has been surprisingly absent from much of the promotion for Thor: The Dark World to date despite playing the movie's main bad guy. That may be about to change, however, with a new poster for the movie literally unmasking Eccleston's character for audiences to glimpse the true face of elf evil.
Eccleston plays Malekith, a character who -- according to Marvel Studios -- leads "an ancient race… to plunge the universe back into darkness." The comic book Malekith was the leader of the Dark Elves, who attempted to freeze over Earth by destroying the Casket of Ancient Winters, releasing all manner of mystical cold across the planet.
Whether or not that much-loved 1980s storyline by creator Walter Simonson forms the backbone of the movie remains unknown, but for now, just gaze into the frosty eyes of movie Malekith and wish that it was Nov. 8, when the movie debuts in the U.S., already.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Kelly Rowland Buys Belly Bandit For Growing Baby Bump
- Aubrey Plaza Supports Chris Pratt at 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Hollywood Premiere!
- Jason Derulo Hosts Vegas Pool Party While Recovering From a Broken Rib!
- Emma Stone Really Annoyed Colin Firth By Live-Texting Him Details About His 'Bridget Jones' Performance!