Man Arrested in Connection with 'Transformers' Hong Kong Extortion
Authorities detain an unnamed 30-year-old man in connection with investigations into October's extortion attempt, according to a Chinese report.
Authorities in Hong Kong may have made a breakthrough in the surreal case of one of the attempts to extort the filmmakers behind Transformers: Age of Extinction, with a man arrested as part of the ongoing investigation.
According to a report that appeared in the South China Morning Post, an unnamed 30-year-old man was arrested by officers in Kowloon City on Tuesday morning, with police looking for two other men in connection with the case.
This follows an earlier arrest on October 22, the same day that crew members from the Transformers shoot were allegedly the victims of an extortion attempt while checking out a potential location. Somewhat surreally, that was the second such attempt to extort money from the production; two brothers, Mak Chi-shing and Mak Chi-hang, were arrested on October 17, accused of trying to force a payment of HK$100,000 from the filmmakers.
Investigations into the second attempt are described as "ongoing."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack