Man Arrested in Connection with 'Transformers' Hong Kong Extortion
Authorities detain an unnamed 30-year-old man in connection with investigations into October's extortion attempt, according to a Chinese report.
Authorities in Hong Kong may have made a breakthrough in the surreal case of one of the attempts to extort the filmmakers behind Transformers: Age of Extinction, with a man arrested as part of the ongoing investigation.
According to a report that appeared in the South China Morning Post, an unnamed 30-year-old man was arrested by officers in Kowloon City on Tuesday morning, with police looking for two other men in connection with the case.
This follows an earlier arrest on October 22, the same day that crew members from the Transformers shoot were allegedly the victims of an extortion attempt while checking out a potential location. Somewhat surreally, that was the second such attempt to extort money from the production; two brothers, Mak Chi-shing and Mak Chi-hang, were arrested on October 17, accused of trying to force a payment of HK$100,000 from the filmmakers.
Investigations into the second attempt are described as "ongoing."
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!