Man Arrested in Connection with 'Transformers' Hong Kong Extortion
Authorities detain an unnamed 30-year-old man in connection with investigations into October's extortion attempt, according to a Chinese report.
Authorities in Hong Kong may have made a breakthrough in the surreal case of one of the attempts to extort the filmmakers behind Transformers: Age of Extinction, with a man arrested as part of the ongoing investigation.
According to a report that appeared in the South China Morning Post, an unnamed 30-year-old man was arrested by officers in Kowloon City on Tuesday morning, with police looking for two other men in connection with the case.
This follows an earlier arrest on October 22, the same day that crew members from the Transformers shoot were allegedly the victims of an extortion attempt while checking out a potential location. Somewhat surreally, that was the second such attempt to extort money from the production; two brothers, Mak Chi-shing and Mak Chi-hang, were arrested on October 17, accused of trying to force a payment of HK$100,000 from the filmmakers.
Investigations into the second attempt are described as "ongoing."
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- Jack Falahee on How to Get Away With Murder, Viola Davis, and His Cast BFFs
- Which Braverman Made Us Cry the Most on Parenthood? A Very Scientific Ranking
- Why Are There So Many Arnolds in This Terminator: Genisys Trailer?
- This Trailer for the New Divergent Movie Is Actually Trying to Get Us to Call It The Divergent Series: Insurgent
- Pregnant Isla Fisher Works on Her Fitness Before Giving Birth
- Seattle Seahawks Cornerback Richard Sherman's Son Could Be Born on Super Bowl Sunday 2015!
- Adrian Grenier Pitches New Movie About a Whale at Sundance
- Amy Schumer Freaks Out Anna Kendrick in First Promo for MTV Movie Awards 2015 - Watch Now!