Mysterious Man in Batman Costume Drags Criminal to Police Station in England
A man in Bradford, appeared in the late hours of the night to turn in an alleged criminal; his identity is still a mystery.
Looks like Bruce Wayne just couldn't help himself during the European sojourn he took at the end of The Dark Knight Rises.
British outlets are reporting that a man dressed as Batman appeared at a Bradford, England, police station in the wee hours of Feb. 25 with a criminal in tow. The offender was charged with fraud and handling stolen goods, but before police could find out the identity of the masked vigilante, he had disappeared into the night.
"The person who brought the wanted man into the station was dressed in a full Batman outfit," a police spokesperson from West Yorkshire said. "His identity, however, remains unknown."
The costume was reminiscent of the 1960s-era Adam West Batman suit, not the newer and more high-tech editions. A costume-store employee in the northern English city thinks she sold the suit to the mystery man in question.
"Usually they want the Dark Knight costume, but he wanted this one," Kathryn Sutcliffe told the BBC. "He wanted the one with the muscle-y chest as well."
The man -- whom she described as tall, blond and in his 20s -- paid with a credit card, but Sutcliffe says she'll keep his identity a secret.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- You Simply Must Watch Robin Thicke’s Ridiculous Movie Debut
- Orange Is the New Black’s Danielle Brooks on Lies, Laughing, and Taystee-Poussey Shippers
- Dear Hollywood: Stop Using Frank Miller’s Batman Stories As Source Material