'Man of Steel' Star Henry Cavill on Superman's Updated Costume (Video)
The actor, who next stars in the Greek gods actioner "Immortals," weighs in on the superhero's new look sans underpants.
Man of Steel star Henry Cavill stopped by The Tonight Show With Jay Leno on Monday night to talk about Superman's, um, underpants.
Cavill, the first non-American to portray the superhero, has gotten an updated look for his role in the Zack Snyder-directed movie.
The new look ditches Superman's iconic red underpants, worn over a skintight blue suit.
"Why wear underpants when you can be far more revealing?" Cavill quipped.
Replied Leno: "I never got the underpants outside of the clothes anyway. ... Whatever thing you had of Superman, you lose with the underpants outside the clothes, basically."
Man of Steel is in production for a 2013 release.
Meanwhile, Cavill -- who was recently featured as one of The Hollywood Reporter's Next Gen Class of 2011 -- next appears on the big screen in Immortals opposite Mickey Rourke and Freida Pinto. The Greek gods action film, which premiered Monday night at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, opens Friday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR