'Man of Steel': Christopher Meloni in Final Negotiations for Role
The actor left "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" after 12 seasons.
Christopher Meloni, who recently departed Law & Order: Special Victims Unit after 12 seasons, is signing up for a role in Warner’s Man of Steel -- his first after exiting the show.
The actor is in final negotiations for the undisclosed part. Sources indicate he will shoot scenes with Henry Cavill, the actor who plays Superman and Clark Kent in the Zack Snyder-directed movie.
The cast of Steel has been growing fast of late, with Julia Ormond tapped to play Superman’s Kryptonian mother earlier this week.
Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane, Michael Shannon, Amy Adams and Antje Traue round out the cast.
The pic will shoot this fall in Vancouver, Chicago and part of California.
Meloni is repped by Gersh and Industry Entertainment.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film