'Man of Steel': Christopher Meloni in Final Negotiations for Role
The actor left "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" after 12 seasons.
Christopher Meloni, who recently departed Law & Order: Special Victims Unit after 12 seasons, is signing up for a role in Warner’s Man of Steel -- his first after exiting the show.
The actor is in final negotiations for the undisclosed part. Sources indicate he will shoot scenes with Henry Cavill, the actor who plays Superman and Clark Kent in the Zack Snyder-directed movie.
The cast of Steel has been growing fast of late, with Julia Ormond tapped to play Superman’s Kryptonian mother earlier this week.
Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane, Michael Shannon, Amy Adams and Antje Traue round out the cast.
The pic will shoot this fall in Vancouver, Chicago and part of California.
Meloni is repped by Gersh and Industry Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR